The Proktis-M® Suppository is a rectal suppository that has relieved patients of hemorrhoids and fissures for 15 years.
- Can be used at home
- No prescription required
- Easily available over the counter anywhere in Canada
- Pain free insertion
- Easy packaging
- Long term relief
- No known side effects
- Used by doctors to improve test results
Use the Proktis-M® suppository to promote healing of the anus and rectum at home.
Directions for Use
- Insert one Proktis-M® suppository into the anus daily for the best results, preferably at night after bowel movement.
- If you need to use the product beyond a month, consult your physician.
- If the Proktis-M® suppository is too soft for insertion, hold it under cold water till it hardens.
- Avoid handling the Proktis-M® suppository beyond the required amount. It is designed to melt at human body temperature.
- Don’t remove the wrapper before immediate use.
- Each 2 g rectal suppository contains 5 mg of Sodium Hyaluronate.
- Aloe vera
- Centella asiatica
- Calendula officinalis
- Tea tree essential oil
- Semi-synthetic glycerides
- Butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT)
Retail Pack Supply
Proktis-M® suppository is available as a rectal suppository.
Each pack contains 10 x 2 g single-use rectal suppositories.
Expiry & Storage
The expiry date is stated on the pack and on the plastic strip that contains the Proktis-M® suppositories. The expiry date is for unopened and correctly stored cartons.
Do not use after the date stated on the pack, or if the pack is opened or damaged.
Store the product away from light and heat, preferably at temperatures between 4°C (39°F) and 25°C (77°F). Avoid storing the product at temperatures over 30°C (86°F).
Cautions & Warnings
Interactions with other products are not known; therefore it is advisable to consult a healthcare practitioner before using Proktis-M® suppository in association with other rectal products.
- Do not use it if pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Consult a healthcare practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.
- Keep the product out of reach and sight of children.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Do not swallow.
Do not use it if you are allergic to any ingredients in the product.
Known Adverse Reactions
Although it is unlikely, in case of hypersensitivity or allergic reaction, stop treatment and consult a healthcare practitioner.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will I experience any side effects to the Proktis-M® suppository?
The ProktisM® suppository is completely safe with no known side effects. Ensure that you use it once a day at a fixed time every day.
In case you do feel like you may be reacting to the product, consult your doctor immediately.
2. How will I know if the Proktis-M® suppository is working?
You will know within 10 days if the product is working. You will feel less pain and have less trouble going to the toilet.
3. How long can I use the Proktis-M® suppository?
You can use the Proktis-M® suppository for a month. If you need to use it for longer, consult your doctor.
Our product heals mild conditions within a month, so if you need to use it longer, there might be other underlying health issues.
4. Is it safe for children?
It is completely safe for children. You can administer it on them if you wish.
The Proktis-M® suppository will work as well on children as on adults. However, if you notice bleeding while passing stool, please visit your doctor immediately.